Abita went one step farther and aged their special-release Alt in Bourbon casks for eight weeks. The result is a nice mahogany color with a fluffy head that settles to a milky cap with sticky, spotty lacing. Big-yet-mellow scents of raisin, carob, caramel and whiskey abound while a smooth body delivers even smoother notes of toffee, oak, a little butterscotch and rum cake.
- State just says ‘no’ to booze from vending machines
- Q&A: Gavin Hattersley discusses the beer industry and MillerCoors’ place in it
- INTUITION RELEASES STATE LINE IPA, LAUNCHES SEASONAL CANNING SERIES
- Booze from vending machines? No way, beer and liquor groups say
- Florida brewers have made an Irma IPA to help hurricane victims